BC Boards

Very disappointed

ROFL! Love that idea. Might just work too. My hubby can't live without his computer game!

Your trainer sounds great! Makes total sense too. Keep working with Riven, you've made so much progress already in 3 months!

Ya know SmileyZookie - it may of had a bit to do with the weather as well. My guys can get C.R.A.Z.Y. when the temp drops a bit. And they can usually sense when a storm or big change in weather is coming (wind direction, rain, temp). They get antsy.

Maybe the weather change coupled with the "Big Day Out" and her age had something to do with it.

And remember - proofing a dog is key. No dog is trained until you proof it everywhere. My girl does a great sit-stay in about every location you can think of - except in front of 7-11. Don't ask me why!

Anyway, training a dog is a long process and you just need to remember to be persistent, patient and positive.

Good luck!

D

When Kali was a puppy (about 7 months old), we used to take him to the beach for fetch games and training. He hated it, because he was scared of the noise of the little waves coming ashore.

Then, one day, he decided that he liked it, after all, and that he wasn't going to go home. At this particular beach, there is a concrete visitor lounge. Kali decided it was there for him to run round and that it would be a good day to go deaf. When he realized that nobody was going to chase him, he hid under the car and had to be pulled out.

By this time, we had a sizeable number of onlookers, at least one of whom was a local farmer - and they were all convulsing with laughter at this spectacular display of total disobedience.

Around me, the local farmers don't have a lot of respect for pet BCs, and I'll leave you to imagine some of the comments! "You'll need a shotgun to catch that one" might be a reasonable summary :eek:

Relax! It does wear off, eventually, after you've used up several bottles of hair colorant!

Snorri

:rolleyes: