BC Boards

Hello!

Hi everyone! I finally figured out how to register...I was having technical difficulties for a while there...

Anywho, I got my first BC two months ago! I fell in love with BCs through a friend (she has two BCs and one Aussie). When it was finally time for me to get my own dog (our last apartment wouldn't allow it), I spent quite some time searching for the right pup. My boyfriend had never owned a dog before (I've had dogs since before I was born). I found Dexter and we both just fell instantly for him. He's red and white and sometimes scares us with his intellect. I love him to death and I'm so happy we got a BC. Their smarts are amazing!!

So - I have a couple questions! Do any of you do titers? And, are any of you in the MD area? Dex is only 4 months old but I'm definitely planning on doing agility with him (he's already done some impromptu backflips!!!) and I definitely would love to find some other BC people around here! They have such a unique way of playing with each other...

So...yea...HI!!! :rolleyes:

Welcome!

As for titers, under the "Health and Genetics" section, one of the stickies at top is about vaccination, plus you could do a search on "titers" to see previous threads concerning this topic. There are people here who vaccinate routinely, others who vaccinate on a reduced schedule, and some who rely on titers.

We do have some members in MD (what part of the state are you located in - it's rather spread out for a small state) and northern VA, as well as other surrounding states.

Best wishes!

Hi everyone! I finally figured out how to register...I was having technical difficulties for a while there...

Anywho, I got my first BC two months ago! I fell in love with BCs through a friend (she has two BCs and one Aussie). When it was finally time for me to get my own dog (our last apartment wouldn't allow it), I spent quite some time searching for the right pup. My boyfriend had never owned a dog before (I've had dogs since before I was born). I found Dexter and we both just fell instantly for him. He's red and white and sometimes scares us with his intellect. I love him to death and I'm so happy we got a BC. Their smarts are amazing!!

So - I have a couple questions! Do any of you do titers? And, are any of you in the MD area? Dex is only 4 months old but I'm definitely planning on doing agility with him (he's already done some impromptu backflips!!!) and I definitely would love to find some other BC people around here! They have such a unique way of playing with each other...

So...yea...HI!!! :rolleyes:

hi dex i too am new here.

so new in fact i have no proper introductions

my name is beverly currently i own my second c ollie after my first one went to the rainbow bridge

the dog i have now is a trained theraphy dog we do volunteer work in this area

i am a 6 year stroke surviver. my spelling is bad and i tend to run

sentences together.i like this place i love my border and would like

to have a bc rescue someday.so i hope everyone will forgive my bad and let me stay

r

...are any of you in the MD area?

Howdy!

Newark, Delaware. Not exactly your neighbor, but not too far away. Sorry, no dogs in the house right now, so no puppy play dates. :rolleyes:

OTOH, I vounteer at the Mid-Atlantic Border Collie Rescue (see my sig for website), and Sarah there runs classes and holds "work days" where people come down to the farm there in Chestertown to help out, and many bring their dogs with them. Also, she hosts periodic gets-together. I'm pretty sure we have some active volunteers not too far from you, so maybe you might want to join the MABCR Yahoo! group, and see who's around you.

Heja, Tex! Of course we'll forgive the formatting - All that matters, really, is that you've a good heart and love BCs. Welcome!

Welcome to everyone. Dexter is so cute. He sounds like quite the little guy :rolleyes:

hi dex i too am new here.

so new in fact i have no proper introductions

my name is beverly currently i own my second c ollie after my first one went to the rainbow bridge

the dog i have now is a trained theraphy dog we do volunteer work in this area

i am a 6 year stroke surviver. my spelling is bad and i tend to run

sentences together.i like this place i love my border and would like

to have a bc rescue someday.so i hope everyone will forgive my bad and let me stay

r

Hi Dex, Hi Beverly,

I too am new, just got on today! Had problems too trying to get thru the first time I registered, but as you can see...it's fixed! My name is Janet, I am also a new BC owner. Misty is a 7 1/2mo. old female, b/w BC. I feel in love with BC's from Johnny, who is the guy who owns the docks where we keep our boat. So, when my 11yr. old wanted a dog she could play ball, fetch, etc. with (we also have a very small maltese, Tabitha), our first thought was a BC.

Congrats! Bev on your 6yrs., hope you have tons more stroke free! I tend to run at the mouth myself. You'll probably never see a short post from me! LOL I'm glad I'm finally on a forum w/ just BC's. I am also on another one, but it doesn't seem to have a lot of BC owners. So, I'm glad I'm here, and glad to see there are quite a few members. Look forward to chatting and sharing stories and pics!

~ Janet