BC Boards

Border Collie in the city

We recently adopted a border collie mix. At least we think she is a mix, I dont really know. We were told she was given up because she was too mellow. That sounded perfect for us! We have fellen in love with her. She is so sweet and loving. She is very well behaved when we are with her but when we leave her alone in the yard, she digs and pulls plants out of their pots and bbq tools off the BBQ and who knows what she is up to today! I am assuming she is bored. I cant be with her all he time. I run with her at night and always set aside time to play but during the day, I have to go to wokr. Any suggstions on how to keep her busy? I really dont want to kennel her.

post-8024-1193769810_thumb.jpg

We recently adopted a border collie mix. At least we think she is a mix, I dont really know. We were told she was given up because she was too mellow. That sounded perfect for us! We have fellen in love with her. She is so sweet and loving. She is very well behaved when we are with her but when we leave her alone in the yard, she digs and pulls plants out of their pots and bbq tools off the BBQ and who knows what she is up to today! I am assuming she is bored. I cant be with her all he time. I run with her at night and always set aside time to play but during the day, I have to go to wokr. Any suggstions on how to keep her busy? I really dont want to kennel her.

I crate my dogs when I am not home, I just give them plenty of exercise when I get home and on weekends. Kaylee loves her crate, she knows when we are going out and she goes in and lays down on her own sometimes. you might want to reconsider crating her to keep her out of trouble.

Don't assume she is bored, she IS BORED. She will survive being crated while you are gone. I never left Ruger crated much over 10hrs though. Anything longer is bound to be hard on the bladder. Any dog should be crated until they get older and trustworthy. However, even today Ruger will still chew the laces off my shoes. Its better than when he was eating carpet.