BC Boards

Hi, Im new...

Hi, my name is Shay, and I live in Canada.

I curently only own a Mini Aussie, and a Great Dane, but come January, I may have a border collie puppy.

My mini aussie and I do agility, but are just getting ready to trial (Weaves and then we will be ready!). So, if I was to get a Border Collie, I'd do agility with him/her aswell.

I just recently went and visited a friend of ours who breeds border collies, and she may have a litter so, if she does, I may get one...

Well, thought I'd introduce myself, and start finding out more about everyone here, and thier dogs.

Shay

Welcome! Whether you actually get a BC pup or not, you are always welcome here; there are many participants who have other breeds of dogs.

You did not specify the type of dogs that your friend is breeding. (I presume from your post that she has only occasional litters, and does not run a volume business.) With that said, let me suggest that you not lock yourself into an avocation for your BC, especially if the dogs are bred from working stock. Different BC's have a tendency to be good at different things. Some are adept at agility, others at herding, some at SAR, and still others at being couch potatoes. You can guide them, and their lineage might be an indicator of their tendencies; but there are no guarantees. You will learn through experience what the best option will be for the puppy. If, on the other hand, you have your heart set on a BC that is agility-trained, you might think about checking the rescue dogs that might be available.

Again, welcome, and good luck.

• 2 months later...
Hi, my name is Shay, and I live in Canada.

I curently only own a Mini Aussie, and a Great Dane, but come January, I may have a border collie puppy.

My mini aussie and I do agility, but are just getting ready to trial (Weaves and then we will be ready!). So, if I was to get a Border Collie, I'd do agility with him/her aswell.

I just recently went and visited a friend of ours who breeds border collies, and she may have a litter so, if she does, I may get one...

Well, thought I'd introduce myself, and start finding out more about everyone here, and thier dogs.

Shay

Hi Shay! Welcome, from a Canadian sister!