BC Boards

Our small brag

Yesterday Tweed Q'd in 2 of his 3 runs, getting his Masters Gamblers title, and his first leg of his (MADC) Masters Agility Dog of Canada ... with a first place, I might add!

Piper Q'd in one of her two runs, getting her ADC title, also with a first place.

We're back, baby!

RDM

Congratulations on the Qs, placements, and legs! Truly wonderful accomplishments. :rolleyes:

Ha Ha! The Magic Hair Elastic is courtesy of 3DogsLater, who loaned me one at the Cliffhangers trial when I lost mine. That day, both Tweed and Piper Q'd! It was Tweed's first Q since 2005!! Now the hair elastic must be worn to all trials. It didn't work at PAC, but I think that's because I was both photographer and participant. My brain was too scattered that day. But yesterday, it brought us joy.

Tweed's first Master Standard run was horrible. The course was dead easy too, and he flubbed it royally - NOT handler error. I do not possess a command for things like, say, "jump off the top of the A Frame please," so it's not like I accidentally cued him to do this. However, his second one - a much tougher course, very few Q's - was masterful. Although there was one point where he was making to not go over a jump and I yelled "Hup ... hup! SERIOUSLY, hup!" and the judge burst out laughing. *shrug* It worked!

Tweed may actually ATCh before I kill him / he gets too old to play!

Piper ... she is going to be a star. She is going to be way more dog that I am a handler. Unlike some dogs I know (Tweed) she drives forward and doesn't look at me to see what I'm doing.

RDM

Go Tweed go! Great job, RDM and Tweed and Piper.

I have one of those "too much dog for me" dogs - but I have to say that she's accepting now that she should maybe wait for me instead of just designing her own course. In Masters Jumping the other day, I had a senior moment, and she actually waited for me to work out where I was going :rolleyes: . We ended up going clear, but over time of course - no time for picnics in Masters.

I managed to get lost on a *team* course..and we've been stuck, relatively Qless, for months now.

Suki and Richard are having a one day, all Team trial in October. Since Team is the only thing Tweed is still in that is Advanced, and we need one more team to get into Masters, we're entering! Three chances at it! Did you get the premium?

RDM

Suki and Richard are having a one day, all Team trial in October. Since Team is the only thing Tweed is still in that is Advanced, and we need one more team to get into Masters, we're entering! Three chances at it! Did you get the premium?

RDM

No, I didn't, but that is a trial that I need to go to! And if you hear of any 22" Advanced Regulars looking for partners, let me know (do you know if it is same day move ups?).

No, I didn't, but that is a trial that I need to go to! And if you hear of any 22" Advanced Regulars looking for partners, let me know (do you know if it is same day move ups?).

Move ups is what I was going to ask about. Because I have the PaceSetters trial previous to the Team trial, bit not previous to the closing. So if we nail it at Pacesetters, we need to bump up to Masters at Suki's trial.

Piper is now Advanced Team, and a 22" Reg. You are welcome to run with her. (well, US I guess). Can't guarantee a Q though!

RDM

Move ups is what I was going to ask about. Because I have the PaceSetters trial previous to the Team trial, bit not previous to the closing. So if we nail it at Pacesetters, we need to bump up to Masters at Suki's trial.

Piper is now Advanced Team, and a 22" Reg. You are welcome to run with her. (well, US I guess). Can't guarantee a Q though!

RDM

I can't seem to find the premium on the AAC site..hm. Could you email it to me? If the trial's on a Sunday I'm in and Team SuperBitch it is :rolleyes: All I can guarantee is a whole bunch of ear splitting barking.

• 4 weeks later...

Too late information but not only was the trial same day moveups, if it took you three runs to get your Q, you could still pay for an add on runs at the higher level. In theory, you could go from Starters to your Masters Team title in one day.

Chester needed one more Advanced Team Q and picked up three, but had clearly used up the magic remaining in our elastic since he manage to take off-course tunnels with blinding speed in his two attempts at Masters.

RDM and Tweed however, have more bragging to do...

Chester needed one more Advanced Team Q and picked up three, but had clearly used up the magic remaining in our elastic since he manage to take off-course tunnels with blinding speed in his two attempts at Masters.

Yay Chester! Finally out of Advanced Team! And yay for off-course tunnels at blinding speed - Wick heartily approves. :rolleyes:

RDM and Tweed however, have more bragging to do...

Oh this is true, we do. Despite the fact that I am irresponsible and I lost the magic hair elastic, Tweed still got his last Advanced Team Q, thereby earning his AAGDC (is that what you call it?) and also his first leg of his Masters Team title. He would have had 2 Masters Team Qs but his partner took exception to the judge being in the ring in one of the runs and popped his weaves.

I think all trials should be at Bev's barn, because it's Tweed's home base and he likes to run nicely there, much like in class and unlike most other venues/trials!!

Now we need an all-Snooker trial, as it's the only Masters thing he has no Qs in.

Jody, Piper is going to need a partner for Advance Team. I can't guarantee clean runs, but I can guarantee speed!!

RDM

Congrats! See, you didn't need no stinkin' magic hair elastic.

I tried to proclaim a certain pair of socks "my lucky agility socks", to no avail. Seems you must have the luck run into you while you're wearing the socks, *then* you can claim them as lucky. It won't work the other way around. :rolleyes: Sad but true.

Jody, Piper is going to need a partner for Advance Team. I can't guarantee clean runs, but I can guarantee speed!!

If you are doing the beginning Nov. trial either Friday or Sunday then I'm in! Actually I might take that Saturday off work. I think we just need 1 more Adv. Team Q and 2 Adv. Std. Qs and then we're in all Masters. Yay :rolleyes:

3dogslater, when do classes start??