BC Boards

got the nerve

got the nerve to return to new york,shemps staying home however.the wife says it will be good to put a period on that paragraph in my life.saw too much and need to bury it.but never forget.anniversary is soon but i wanted to go before the relatives got there.wish me luck.

Best of luck borderbob. I had a friend who always said, you need to take a hard look at the past, imagine packing it away, and not looking back at it again. That's been useful advice for me and it sounds like what your wife is saying...in just a different way.

Safe travels

Of course I can't really imagine what you must have seen, or how one deals with something like this afterwards, but I wish you luck, and I hope your visit will help.

Bob, ditto what Sandra S. said...I came to the boards way after 9-11-01, so I don't know what you must have experienced but hopefully this will bring a BC lover's smile to your heart...

I would like to share with you one of the most beautiful, perfect, innocent happenings of my life on that very date, 2 yrs later: One beautiful fall morning on a country farm, 9-11- 2003....my Border Collie boy Phoenix was born, it was only a couple of hours past my birthday on the 10th. I remember crying tears of saddness and joy that morning, because it gave me hope that beautiful, heart warming events like a new little life can brighten the darkness of that day in the history of our country and lives.

That is exactly why he was named, "Phoenix"... from the ashes hope and life arises!!!!

Safe travels... God Speed

• 2 weeks later...

update; vented alot in nyc thanks to all for the kind words.found out that 720 dogs worked the pile. and 5 lost their lives.we are currently trying to contact all of the handlers to see how many became sick like my shemp.some of the neighboring bldgs have not been touched since and i got to go with a nypd sar team on the roofs where they are still looking for remains.