BC Boards

Shadow chasing

The new little pup is working out nicely and settling in well. He and Tex are affectionate with each other now. I see a nice, reassuring bond developing between the two of them.

Loki is a shadow chaser and this is a new one for me. Because he is hard to redirect at the best of times, I'm trying to steer him away from any obssesive activities, too much ball throwing, too much frisbee rolling etc. I change things up to keep him focused on me.

He get a 4 km walk every morning, then interacts with me til about 2pm, then nap time til 5, then evening activities and another walk so he's not bored or under exercised. One of my special needs kids comes over after school to play fetch with him in the backyard. That's been great for kid and pup.

It's light here til pretty much 11 pm, so there are lots of shadows. My neighbour across the yard is a farmer of sorts. He grows stuff for personal use, stuff the cops frown upon if you catch my drift. What people do in their own home is of no concern to me but his battery of lights does cast alot of shadows in my house. It's not exactly something I can approach him about because we all pretend we don't know what he's up to. He's not really doing me any harm, they're just shadows.

Loki got crated up last night in my bedroom and I covered the crate but he still fussed til 1 am. Normally he's so good. All the lightning bugs bouncing off the windows didn't help, Loki really likes those and knew they were there just waiting to be chased even though his crate was covered. Is shadow chasing a stage that will be outgrown?