BC Boards

Lost Border Collie

Anyone remember my previous post in April about Rivens new BC friend? She's gone missing.

nola.jpg

I posted this on other sites..

My friend lost her 2 year old Border Collie Nola last weekend in the Bennett Mountain area. She asked me to post a picture everywhere I know to see if anyone has found her. They have posted pictures in towns around and been to the shelters with no luck. They were camping on the mountain about 40 minutes from their home. Nola has a VERY high prey drive, her concern is the dog attacking some farmers animals and being shot. She isnt a friendly dog, but she isnt aggressive either. She is thought to be wearing fire blaze red collar with the name "Clyde" on the tags. (Her collar broke the day before and they used another of their dogs collars)

Feel free to email me if you have any info.

That's terrible. I always hate to see a lost dog. I doubt she'll make it to Wyoming unless she has a VERY high prey drive but I'll keep my eyes out.

Any reason they had her off her leash if she has such a high prey drive?

That's terrible. I always hate to see a lost dog. I doubt she'll make it to Wyoming unless she has a VERY high prey drive but I'll keep my eyes out.

Any reason they had her off her leash if she has such a high prey drive?

Well she has an excellent recall, and they were off in the mountains with nothing around. Im sure its something they did often with her. I've NEVER seen her on leash, but she always came when she was called, no matter what she was doing.

ETA: Well, I assume she could end up in rescue or something as well. And if I remember right, she is NOT fixed.

At least she has a good recall most of the time. I let Black Jack off his leash sometimes in town at the park and he also has great recall so I won't say they did anything wrong. I sure hope they find her soon.

I do watch the shelters and rescues close so if I happen to see her I'll let you know.

Sorry, Donna, but does she come to "Clyde"? Isn't that the name on the collar? Maybe she knows him and would go for the name??????? I"m hoping!!!! And bumping!!

I think that Clyde was the dog owned before her. I believe they happened to have that collar with its tags in the vehicle while they were camping, and put it on Nola cause her collar broke.

Call all of the local radio shows (AM and FM) and ask them to say something quick about it. If they don't do it for free ask to be connected to their advertising department.

Hope she finds her way home.

Not yet. I called the shelter in Glenns Ferry and they said there was a BC there, but it got stolen. So could have been her. The lady at the shelter didnt know if it was male or female. You'd think theyd pay attention to this stuff :rolleyes:

How could she have gotten stolen? That sounds pretty strange to me. And yeah, how can you not know if it's a male or female? :D