BC Boards

Daisy Update

Its been over a month now since Daisy started the Lypex tablets for the pancreatic deficieny and things are improving now and then!

She seems to have a good few days where her stools are formed then it goes back to pure mush the next ! I ran the Vet who told me that it would take months for it to right itself with the tablets. Was wondering if anyone else has the same problems as Daisy.

She has stopped loosing weight now but is yet to put any on. She is up to three tins of food a day which I know is a lot but she is permanently hungary. Im not sure if this is a side effect of her deficiency or not.

The good news is that the tablets that were costing me ?70 a month from the vet are now only costing me ?40 a month from a supplier online.

I'm so grateful to hear that Daisy has been improving! I am also happy to hear that you found a more affordable source for her medication.

Best wishes for continued improvement!

Hey, Heppers - thanks for posting. I was just thinking yesterday that we hadn't heard from you in a while.

Sounds like you and Daisy are on the right track now, even if it's going to take a while. At least you're headed in the right direction. Give her a Tasmanian pat.

Heppers, that is really good news! And if it has only been a month, she is right on track if the vet said it would take a few mon. She will probly start gaining weight when the "mush" lessens to maybe once a week! Thanks for letting us know. Prayers for the lil girl! BTW that is quite a savings on her meds! Good job finding that!