BC Boards

Question

Guest Freckles LaLa Mom

Guest Freckles LaLa Mom

When sirens go by, she doesnt even notice. She hears perfectly...she just doesnt seem to be phased by then. My last dog Oscar (osk) would howl forever at them. Is she just well behaved? Is this normal? Is there somthing wrong? :rolleyes:

None of my dogs, 4 BCs, 2 mutts, react to sirens or anything like that. However, when Cheyenne was truckin with me, she hated flat bed trucks and motorcycles! She could be laying back in the bunk and would be up on the front pass. seat barking before they passed me!

When Taz was just a puppy, maybe six or seven months old, we were walking on a sidewalk when a fire truck started racing toward us and then passed right in front of us. While the blaring truck was approaching, a howl just sort of erupted from deep within little Taz and he belted it out with all his puppy might. He looked as surprised as Sophie and I were when he finished. He's never done it since. Weird dog.

Freya is a big fan of the show "Cops" because of the car chase scenes (sirens!). She trembles with excitement and watches intently. When they move to a foot chase and finally tackle the bad guy she wags her tail and whines. She loves watching motorcycles, the louder the better. If she sees anyone in uniform she gets very excited and wants them to pet her. The fire department had to come to my neighbors house once and Freya was out there being an attention hog. I think she assumed they came with their sirens blaring just to see her.

None of mine howl at sirens, maybe because they have all been raised in an urban environment and we hear them almost daily? However, many years ago I was watching a documentary on wolves and RD, who was asleep on the floor, jumped up and howled along with them. He has never howled before or since.

Tweed has a little mini howl he only busts out when very excited, like at walk time or the like. Motorcycles, OTOH, make him extremely angry.

RDM

Guest LJS1993
When sirens go by, she doesnt even notice. She hears perfectly...she just doesnt seem to be phased by then. My last dog Oscar (osk) would howl forever at them. Is she just well behaved? Is this normal? Is there somthing wrong? :rolleyes:

Maybe Oscar was just dumb as a rock.