BC Boards

O/T: Sad story!!

Nik

Some of you may remember Hannah, the dog I have had so much trouble w/ coming over fence fighting...well I'm sorry to say that I no longer have to worry about it any longer. She had to be put down yesterday.

I thought I hated her, but I'm finding out my feelings were more agitation than hatred because it breaks my heart how she went. My uncle informed my dad that she had heartworms. I know she suffered because just last week she came over and when she turned to go back home she just fell over in the field. Her poor body couldn't even trot very far w/o giving out. I thought that her arthiritis may have been the cause the way her legs just gave out from underneath her. That was not the only time it happened either. By the time she was put down, she couldn't hardly breathe according to my uncle. Hannah was an old dog...about 11 or 12 yrs old, but it kills me to think she left this world suffering like she did.

It's sad that it could have been prevented for only $5.00 per mth. No creature should have to suffer like that. So please...if your dog is not being protected against heartworms...think about what the consequences could be.