BC Boards

ABCA question

Rosanne

Hey, I have a question that is probably easy enough for one of you to answer (well, 2 questions)

I see on the ABCA site that you can pay for membership online, but apparently I'm having a dumb day and couldn't find the actual link to do so. Also, my pup's pedigree lists her as the wrong color/markings. I think hers got mixed up with her littermates'. My pup is a traditionally marked tri-color, but her pedigree says B&W with white splashes on her hips (she doesn't have those) and makes no mention of tri-color or tan points. Can I change this online? It irks me to have it wrong but I didn't want to go through a lot of bother for it. . . should I fix this?

Didn't know where to put this, but figured someone in the know could answer it quickly enough

Hey, I have a question that is probably easy enough for one of you to answer (well, 2 questions)

I see on the ABCA site that you can pay for membership online, but apparently I'm having a dumb day and couldn't find the actual link to do so. Also, my pup's pedigree lists her as the wrong color/markings. I think hers got mixed up with her littermates'. My pup is a traditionally marked tri-color, but her pedigree says B&W with white splashes on her hips (she doesn't have those) and makes no mention of tri-color or tan points. Can I change this online? It irks me to have it wrong but I didn't want to go through a lot of bother for it. . . should I fix this?

Didn't know where to put this, but figured someone in the know could answer it quickly enough

you would need to contact Mrs. Patty Rogers on the bottom right of your registration certificate. She may be able to tell from when the litter was registerd if any were discribed as you say and sort it out. She was quick to respond and very helpful when I had to contact her.

Good Luck

Ok, Thanks guys.

I probably won't bother to change it then. Her pedigree and breeder/owner name is correct, so I imagine that's what really matters. (and no, I don't plan on selling her!)

What page is the online membership form on? I will look again today, I must have missed it somewhere. It lays out the fees but I couldn't find a link other than to print out the forms.

I have a tri-colored dog listed as black/white on his pedigree also. I don't think it matters all that much because everybody describes their pups differntly when they send in registration papers. There is no actual standard on how to describe the pups that I know of.

Kevin

You can't fix it online, Rosanne. Feas is right that you would have to contact Patty, and to answer your second question, I don't think I'd bother if it were me. I can't think of any reason it would matter, assuming you're not going to sell your dog.

Actually it could make a difference if someone wanted you to use the registration papers to prove it is your dog and the description of the markings on the registration papers does not match what markings your dog actually has. I know many breeders just look at the primary colour i. . black/white, red/white etc and don't consider the tri-colour markings as colours to be recorded.

It wouldn't really matter up here in Canada as the registration number on the registration papers, which is either a tatoo or microchip can be matched to the tatoo on the dog or the implanted microchip.