BC Boards

Bindi update

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to post an update on Bindi. We have had 4 great days! I have been consistent with her exercise and training and it seems to be making such a difference. We have walked every day and in the early evening I take her in the backyard on a 25' lead and she runs circles around me until she is worn out. We haven't had any counter surfing or accidents in the house. My youngest DS is feeding her daily. He makes her sit and stay until he is done getting her food and then releases her. It's really cool to watch her obey his command.

Anyway, thanks again for all the help and support. I'm not going anywhere - this is such a great board!

e9d403c8.jpg.thumb.jpg

Mary

Guest LJS1993
yay:) Glad you are working with her!!! It will really make all the difference IMO. Congrats on a job well done!

Yes not working a BC is like letting kids raise themselves in front of video games and rap music.

That's great Mary!! Good job working with her. Keep it up and you'll have a well trained BC in now time.

Hey, well done Mary (and DS). It's great that you're seeing results. As she learns that there is this consistency, that she will get attention, and that the rules are always the rules, Bindi will settle more - and you'll be astonished at how she soaks up the learning. (Of course, every now and again there will be relapses :rolleyes: - but you know you van get her back on track now.)

This is great to hear! Remember that you will have better and less good days and times but just keep working at it.

Many Border Collies can make terrific pets but they do require intelligent training and effort. Thank YOU for coming here and asking, and working at training and strengthening your relationship with Bindi. You'll find it well worth your time and effort.

Best wishes!

What excellent news--there's nothing like a little positive reinforcement--don't you sometimes wonder who is training whom? I remember having a similar experience with our mutt (first dog) once I realized that taking him for a second walk and making him sit for his dinner was just the trick to keeping him manageable, I enjoyed him so much more.

Bindi is truly a lucky girl.

Wonderful to hear that things are going so well, and kudos to you for hanging in there!

I notice most of the time that when people are having problems with their dog(s) the problems are easily fixable once people know how to properly communicate with a dog and get their point across.