BC Boards

What site do you order from?

I LOVE the collars and leashes from earthdog.com (yay for hemp!) It is a small, rescue-conscious company.

I go to Costco for his food -- they also have wonderful beds and blankets for dogs.

The best price I've found for biodegradable poo bags is dog.com.

For toys, I usually go to the mom & pop store that is about 1 mile away. They have a great clearance bin. That's also where I buy treats for training.

drugstore.com also has dog toys and I sometimes add a toy to my order so that I qualify for free shipping!

are the collars and leashes better from there? I was thinking about ordering some but its like $17 for each, no thats not alot but right now dont have the money and I have to save all of my momey to get Zipper fixed. but in the long run after i get him done will it be worth it to get some from there?

are the collars and leashes better from there? I was thinking about ordering some but its like $17 for each, no thats not alot but right now dont have the money and I have to save all of my momey to get Zipper fixed. but in the long run after i get him done will it be worth it to get some from there?

I absolutely love them. I've found that nylon is hard to clean and tends to get brittle over time. Leather is nice, but can be pricey, and I like to use a martingale or a quick release collar, and most leather collars are buckles. Hemp ages really well; it gets softer, but stays strong.

I think the solid colored leashes and collars are especially nice; they are thicker than the ones with fabric on them.

We don't have much in the line of local stores, and I'd rather buy stuff online than from Petsmart or Petco. I get kibble at a local pet store, I get collars and leads (I mainly use the mendota-style slip leads) from vendors at agility trials. Everything else comes from PetEdge, Ryan's Pet Supplies, Ebay, Planetdog.com (love the hemp collars and the orbee-tuff balls) dogwise.com and Border Collies in Action. On occasion I'll buy a harness somewhere else, since I am so friggin' picky about harnesses.

Oh, and for the goose dogs I buy brightly colored floatation vests from Ruff Wear (more for identification and visibility than for floatation) and sew-on patches that say "working dog, please ask before petting" from The Raspberry Field.

I definitely feel that earthdog collars are worth the extra money. I have two for each dog and when one gets dirty it gets thrown in the washing machine and they wear the other one until it gets dirty. Taz has had the same one sine I got her 3 years ago and it still looks brand new. You won't need to be replacing them all the time. As far as leashes, I like leather ones, so I didn't get them from there.

I finally got time to look at Helpingudders.com and see what they have. I ordered a few things that I'm really excited to get. They have some cool toys.

i get my bonus check in may. After i take out money to get Zipper fixed and his last shot, what Ever I have left will go toward, Name tag, ill be going to earthdog, Ill get him a few toys, ill be getting him alot of things. and I ahve a question, at the vet it came with a reg number on a tag and i put that on his collar, any way i get get that on a different tag, im wanting one that goes with the collar the Slide on ones, or am i just going to have to keep the one i have?