BC Boards

Training Qeustion...Books?

Lizmo

Are there any sheep herding (trialing, how to train for herding, ect) that you would recommend?

I currently do not have a border collie, and it will probably be about 3 years before my pup is born, but I would like to learn a lot from now and then. I want to do Agility, Therapy work, and Herding with this puppy. I am currently doing Agility with my other dog, Lizzie.

Any other information would be great too!

Virgil Hollands book is very good. Two other books that I would recommend are "Talking Sheepdogs" by Derek Scrimgeour and "The Natural Way" by Julie Simpson. You can get both of these books from Border Collies in Action and their web site is: www.bordercollies.com

Kathy

Vergil Holland's book is available on ebay for $10 (where we got ours recently). We also have Pope's book. Pretty basic. Read a book at the library recently which was good. It was by Jones but can't remember the title or the full name. We are new here so hope this posts OK. Narita