BC Boards

want rabbit info & links

Miztiki

Sheep and goats will have to wait for a while yet. Chickens and rabbits can be done now.

Anyone have any good [meat] rabbit links? I've found a few but haven't found any good discussion forums where I can ask specific questions.

I'm hoping to get the shed converted into a chicken coop next week when my friends come to visit. Fresh eggs & meat = happy dogs (and people too)!

try here.

http://www.rudolphsrabbitranch.com/rrr.htm

also I have a bunny (netherland dwarf). Sorry, she isn't big enough for food. Dh keeps threatening to make stew of her... lol but it isn't gonna happen. The dutch bunny I used to have mite have made a meal. I kept him outside. So if you need first hand info on food or the likes I can help. A friend of mine raised Califoria rabbits( I think that is the name of them) as meat rabbits. Per her they are nice big rabbits.

Um, Californians do make nice big meat rabbits but mine makes an even better house pet. Miztiki, the Extension Service is the best place to look for help. Call your county extension agent and he can direct you to the nearest small livestock expert. Also, I'm sure they have factsheets available, perhaps online - try googling for Extension Service and rabbit husbandry.