BC Boards

How's Dean?

Jason Hunt and I were tending to sheep to be released from the pen after the LAST run of the LAST day at Border Springs' Trial last weekend and one minute the handler was working on his shed, the next minute he was on the ground, where he stayed for a while. Turned out Mr. Dean Holcomb took a nasty spill and when we got upfield, we learned he had injured his shoulder possibly? Any news?

I talked to him yesterday and last I heard he had gone to the hospital, and might have to have surgery next week after his trial this week! He said he was super touched by all the handlers calling and asking if he needed help this weekend, even ones that arent entered..anyway, will let you know what I hear when I see him today..He apparently tore all the ligaments in that one shoulder. Not a good thing at all..I told him he needed to call his dog in on the shed vs the other way around!

Sam - Give my best wishes to Dean for a safe recovery. That is very painful I am sure. I've had a similar injury and it did very well with some time and care, and I hope it turns out well for him.

Best wishes to Dean, and to all the folks and dogs at his trial!

There was that...I'm certain some handlers may have found the footing more slippery than others, and Colin, could you have been missing some of your beauty sleep when you did your skating? And I thought those were grapes?

If I could be down there, I'd be glad to pitch in this weekend, and I'm glad to hear of all the offers. This is a good bunch of folks.