BC Boards

National Finals News from the Field - 9/26/06 - 1:05 PM PST

J. Williams

Final results for Open are in - Alasdair MacRae and Star (398), Beverly Lambert and Pippa (395), and Scott Glen and Pleat (330.5, and also a previous Finals winner).

Results for all the Open Final Round as well as the semi-finals and first go-round are posted at http://www.usbcha.com/06%20-%20cut%20off%20of%20points.htm

Our Elizabeth Baker and Rye were members of the winning team from District 1 - congrats Elizabeth and Rye!

And, Laura, I'm sure you will do a great job!

The trial is all over - except for the miles of fence, etc. to tear down. I would like to thank the scads of volunteers who donated their time to make the event work. We had great people in hospitality, set out, pens, exhaust info booth, gate and every where else. We really could not do the event without you!!!! Both the Nursery Finals and the Open Finals had people on the edge of their seats with the outcome in doubt up until the very last second. Ray Crabtree and Rob Lewis did a terrific job educating the public and by the end of the trial, we had a very enthusiastic crowd, cheering on the handlers and groaning when a panel was missed or a shed group got back together.

Thanks again to everyone. I am off to get a few hours of sleep tonight!

Geri

Geri,

Just got home from the Nationals and I want to say huge THANK YOU to you, Amy, and each and everyone connected with this year's Finals. It was a thrill, if only as a Nursery entrant owner, to be a part of this wonderful trial.

You wore that smile all week as you worked from dawn to dusk to tackle what seemed every small detail.

My hat's off to you all.

We just got home late last night. What a great time! Geri, Amy, Ellen, Francis and the rest of the gang did a tremendous job. Thank you to all of you and to all the volunteers. We are really glad we made the trip out there.

And thank you to everyone for the congrats on my baby Tweeder's big accomplishment. I was very surprised when it was announced at the ABCA annual meeting and Mike Neary chuckled at my look of utter shock when they called Tweed's name. Needless to say, after returning to my seat, it really sunk in and I just cried!

Those of you that trial, know what a role "the luck of the draw" plays in this game. This finals was so much more black and white as to how the sheep behaved during the day. If you ran before 10am or after 4pm, the sheep were totally different creatures and you had a much better chance of having a good run. Even the guy that owns the sheep that were supplied for the Finals, told me that he himself never works his sheep after 10am as they just do not want to cooperate. I've never seen the time of day affect the sheep as much as they did in Oregon, but then again, it was a lot hotter than usual out there. It sure was a challenge and a lot of fun. Now back to the daily grind...