BC Boards

07 sheepdog finals

Guest herbertholmes

Guest herbertholmes

The board of directors are looking at a proposal to have the 07 national finals in Gettysburg PA. As with all proposals some very good things, some not as good. Feel free to ask questions, Herbert Holmes

Guest herbertholmes

Sheep that are secure are coming from upstate new york, it is not running concurrently, and so far no practice fields, hmh

Guest herbertholmes

The process for approving the PA finals offer is slowly moving foward. working out details for the trial site and some financial sruff. Should be done in a week or so, Herbert

Guest herbertholmes

I should clarify this, after reading, that the process will be done in a week or so. We have acouple of hurdles to overcome before it will be accepted. It is not anything too unusual though, and should get worked out. Herbert

Guest herbertholmes

The sheep looked at are ok for now.

We are looking at several things that are involved with this proposal as withh all of them the most imprtant factors are the sheep and the actual fiedl to be run on. If those aree good, then the other details can be worked out. It is a large undertaking for any group. We ahve to make sure that they understand the many issues that arise and that we are responsible to the member entered to make sure it is a good event. Then we have to be fiscally responsible to the association as a whole to make sure we investigate every possible pitfall so as to notspend too much money, ending up in the same hole we were in two years ago. That is why we are going slow, with some debate amongst the directors as to the different pros and cons of this proposal. I am confident all will be worked out with give and take from both sides to secure a deal for an eastern finals in 07. I have said before that we would know this week, but as of now, there are still some details that checked into before calling for the vote. It could be as much as two weeks before we have the final word on this. Jeanne thanks for the offer of the info on sheep and if we need it I will contact you. Herbert

• 5 weeks later...
Guest herbertholmes

Looks like my week turned into a month. the 07 finals will be in Gettyburg PA in september, the exact dates are not in front of me but will be posted soon. Thanks, Herbert

Sue you're something else! (Good, don't even go there!)

I have to laugh though, the same applies for me, except (and I knew this was coming...)now,

I'll betcha...it coincides with VA State 4H Championship HOrse Show, which I'm obligated to attend, with my crew of 3-4 junior riders who aren't eligible til next years (drats).

I hope it's later September than Mid. I had the same conflict in '99, but managed to be there except for Nursery weekend.

Life is funny when you look at dates more than a year away and know you have stuff to do. ha!

Debbie - For someone like me, volunteering is the ONLY way to get near an Open field! I sure hope you don't have a conflict because it won't be a class trial without the Set-Out Goddess of the Middle Atlantic States knee-deep in the poop-la at the top!