BC Boards

anyone experience this?

i had one of the scariest days with my pup finn today.just wanted to know if anyone else has heard/experienced this. finn was very very restless all night,he didn't sleep. about 5a.m. he threw up, we woke up and we were going to take him out to potty.he's almost 12 weeks old. he was so lethargic, his paw would just drop if i picked it up, he wouldn't stand up. he had no diarrhea, but i was so afraid he had some serious illness.he hadn't eaten his all his dinner the previous night. as we were putting our shoes on to take hin to the vet, he was close to his old self- getting his toys out to play. he seemed ok,- but still, did not eat his breakfast. he was ok, played a bit today, but not quite himself ,much more tired than usual, didn't eat lunch. i just got back from the vet with him- the vet said that he has seen numerous dogs today,complaining of trembling,lethargy.we are having a very very strong front in hungary now, and the weather is unusually warm. he said the dogs were very sensitive to this and that was what was causing finn to act this way. has anyone seen a reaction like this from a front in a puppy?i know they sense the weather but this?i honestly thought it was parvo. i had lived in texas and one of my bc s would get very stressed a day before a big storm moved in, but nothing like this. sorry this was so long, i was just scared out of my head here!this was only my secong time to the vet here, so it's not like i really had a vet i could trust!thanks for any opinions.

he didn't drink much at all today. i brewed him some camomille tea this morning for his upset stomach- he had a bit of that,other than that not much at all till just recently he had some water- certainly not as much as i would have liked to have seen him drink.thanks!

My dogs start acting very, very strange when we have hurricanes that are heading our way. They are definitely sensitive to the changes in the pressure. But it doesn't sound as severe as how your pup is acting.

They don't become lethargic, but just the opposite. They start pacing, and want in and then out and then in again. They don't really want too eat much, though.

I think I agree with PSmitty about the second opinion if your pup doesn't start acting better.

Good luck and hope he feels better soon!

I don't know about all that. It sounds off. The first thing that comes to my mind is a virus of some sort.

I would definately urge you to get a second opinion if the little guy isn't even drinking!

Good luck and keep us updated!

I hope nothing is wrong. It does sounds pretty weird though. I hope he starts drinking more. Good luck and tell me how it goes.

finn seems to be his old self. he's drinking water normally, running around playing like the devil,etc. he still only ate half of his breakfast, maybe he's just waiting to be fed the nice tidbits we fed him yesterday!i agree, was definitely very strange and not the typical behaviour- restlessness,etc., that dog experience before a storm.the vet also said that because finn seemed to be so sensitive to the front, there maybe a chance he will have epilepsy??