BC Boards

Steve Clendenin

With regret I have to inform you all that Steve passed away this morning about 3:30. It was apparently sudden which was what he wanted, I know. Please keep the Clendenin family in your thoughts and prayers and I'll pass on more details when I find them out. Nancy wanted all of you all to know.

Thanks Colin - I was wondering how to get the word out to the trialers this weekend - so many trials. Steve will love everyone working their dogs and thinking of him!

Actually yes, I just found out.

The funeral will be at Third Creek Presbyterian Church on Monday at 4:00 pm. Flowers are welcome, but I suspect Steve would have also appreciated "in lieu" donations to CLL research or the ABCA health research fund.

Here's the address for cards and notes:

Mrs. Nancy Clendenin

4425 Third Creek Church Road

Cleveland, NC

Thanks

Hi Becca,

Thanks for posting the addresses.

I owe Steve so much for looking out for novices like me. His novice series not only taught me a great deal, it let me develop some wonderful friendships.

Condolences to Steve's family and friends. I didn't know Steve real well but enough to know he deserved respect for several things:

He fought a long, hard fight against cancer and related health problems. Many in his situation would have given up and resigned themselves to the inevitable.

Even in his situation he was a source of strength for his family when they had their own problems.

He put a lot of time and effort into helping new handlers. As Colin pointed out on another thread, there are a lot of open handlers in this area who got valuable experience running in his novice series.

I'm sure he'll be greatly missed not only by those close to him but the sheepdog world in general.