BC Boards

Trailer leveling gizmos...

ccnnc

Hey all,

Just wondering what you use to level your travel trailers... I have a bunch of treated 1x6 decking boards that I haul with me, but the loose boards take up space and, when we're parking in working pasture areas can get a bit funky...

now off to rig up the pressure washer and mix some of the sacred soil of Edgemont -- uhhh, I mean Edgeworth -- into my lowly farmette...

61 degrees out --WOW!

TIA,

Colin

Colin,

I bought the tri-levelers from camping world. They come as a set, Works really great on the front wheel, but I can't fit the second one inbetween my tandem wheels on my 2o ft trailer. It will raise your tire up quite a bit. Here is the link. Maybe if you have a larger trailer you can get the second one inbetween your tandem wheels.

http://www.campingworld.com/browse/skus/in...33&skunum=19156

What I use for the second tire is the yellow level blocks that always seem to crack. So am not really happy with them.

Nancy O

Thanks for the info....

I've got the same problem -- not enough room between the tires -- wow, an excuse to go out and get a BIGGGG rig!

using the decking isn't really that big a problem, just occured to me that it would be easier if I rigged some kind of clamp or whatever so I wouldn't deb dealing with a bunch of individual boards....

again, thanks

Colin

You could just drill a couple of holes in each side of the stack of deck boards you have and use a long bolt and a wing nut to fix them together at whatever height you need on site.

Colin (started to say dummie but we are on the board) Go to Lowes and get two 12 ft. 2x8 or 2x12 if you want the extra height. You will need 6 1/2 inches carriages bolts, about 9 or 10 inches long, get 6 1/2 inch washers and 6 1/2 nuts to go on the bolts. Cut the 2x in 6 ft lengths then drill 4 holes evenly along the 4 2x making sure your holes will line up so the bolts can be put through them. These holes need to be about 2 inches from the edge of each board. After get about the 4 peices bolted together take a chan saw and cut the boards at a angle starting about a ft. from one end. After you get all this done put the two remaining bolts near the top side of the boards. Take a short piece of rope and fasten it to this thing so you can drag it from under the trailer.

When barking you camper put the ramp on the low side and pull the camper up until you are level. Block the wheels and unkoock.

If this is two much trouble I remember seeing one in a camper supply for about $200.00