BC Boards

Need Help in Greenville, SC

I apologize that I don't know any details yet - just that I think there is a BC at a vet in Greenville that needs help. I will post more details as I get them.

Fabulous. I have a phone number but still no information about what the problem is! Meanwhile if there's someone local maybe they can just call and find out:

Thanks Becca,

here's the vet's number and the contact.

It's Barkingham Palace. The phone number is 864-234-1034. Ask to speak with either Dorothy or Jackie.

Please let me know if I can do anything to help!

OK, I got some details. It is two Border collies - owners dropped them off and wanted them euthanized because they are moving and don't want to take these dogs with them. The dogs are EIGHT and TEN years old. Grrrrrr.

I do not know whether the vets are holding them. Do they have voice mail or an answering machine? I know my vet checks hers after hours. If they knew these dogs had a place to go they might old them.

Originally posted by Rebecca, Irena Farm:

I do not know whether the vets are holding them. Do they have voice mail or an answering machine? I know my vet checks hers after hours. If they knew these dogs had a place to go they might old them.

Good point. I'm off to make the telephone call now, then I'll email the latest to the rest of my group.

Thanks, Linda. I called to leave a message and spoke with Jackie. Because the clinic closes early on Wednesdays, the owner was told to bring the girls back tomorrow morning. Jackie's going to get a release from the owner so they can be re-homed. The younger of the two may already be placed but the older girl isn't.

I've emailed my folks and will absolutely keep you posted. Thanks, again.

Originally posted by Jack & Co.:

Rebecca, Linda, and Painted Ponies,

Do you have an update on these dogs?

Sort of. The president of PRBCR got in touch with Barkingham Palace first thing this morning. The owner hadn't shown up yet with the girls - he was told to bring them in between eight and nine.

The potential home for the younger girl didn't pan out (a relative of a clinic employee) so, if the owner brings them in, we'll need to find foster homes for both of them. It'd be great if we could keep them together, of course, but I don't know if we'll be able to.

Apparently this man contacted someone from PRBCR about six months ago about placing the dogs but said he wasn't in that big a hurry to find them a new home. Our person evaluated them and offered him a courtesy listing on our website, but we never heard from him again.

I'll keep y'all posted.

OK - the owner brought the girls in to the vet's this morning, and paid for them to have their yearly vaccinations, HW test, and HW preventative. :cool: The vet will keep them until tomorrow afternoon, when one of our members will pick them up.

The girls, Little Bear and Lucy, are mother and daughter. :rolleyes: They've been together the daughter's entire life.

They're purebred, but without "papers," and have been kept as indoor dogs with 24/7 access through a doggie door to a fenced run.

As y'all might imagine, finding a foster home that can take two older bitches isn't going to be easy. But we really, really want to find a home where they can continue to live together.

Can anybody help?

I will also post this in the Rescue forum, but wanted to update those following this thread.

Linda - I cross-posted with you. I know you were offering to take the girls on a short-term emergency basis, which I really appreciate. Believe me I totally understand if you don't have room to foster them.

*But* if you do have room to foster them, or know someone who might, please PM me or reply to this thread.

Thanks.

Sally, sorry I didn't make it clear! I can foster them as long as needed! AND we have a doggie door so they should have no prob! There is plenty of room for them both! Let me know.

ETA: I can pick them up today if needed. Don't know if y'all need to have a member do it, then come to my house to check things out. Let me know so I can at least get most of the dog hair swept up! :rolleyes: