BC Boards

Cure for irritated eye?

iLLt3cK

Me, too. If you've ever had an ulcerated cornea or abrasion of the cornea, they're very, very, very painful. If left untreated, the condition can get a lot worse very rapidly. If treated caught quickly, they're relatively easy to treat and heal well, especially in young animals.

If you can get him into your vet today, that's the best option. When you call for an appointment, make sure you tell them that he's got an eye problem. My vet has always been great about making room for a possibly urgent issue like eye stuff.

Please let us know what you find out.

Ruth n the BC3

Just got back from the vet. He put some special drops in his eyes and took a look at them under black light and didn't find any scratches or infections with the cornea. WHEW! Turns out that his tear ducts have become blocked so I was prescribed some neomycin to give him two times a day for 7 days.

I also had them run a heart worm test so I can get him back on heart guard because I'm not sure what the last owners did with him health wise.

He's a working sheep dog so those eyes are CRUCIAL!!

Thanks for all of the help!