BC Boards

Rheumatoid Arthritis

urge to herd

Does anyone have any experience with this in their dog? Just dropped by the vet this morning. Shonie had x rays of her left front leg last week. My vet consults with a vet radiologist, and showed her the recent shots of Shonie's left foot, and compared the shots from maybe 5 yrs ago. Looking at the changes, the radiologist said it looked a lot like rheumatoid, rather than osteo arthritis.

Dr. Reif said there was really no difference in treatment for dogs, and really, we don't do anything now except limit her activity more when she's gimpy, which is really not often.

Any info out there? I'll be googling RA in dogs next, but wanted to know if any body hear could help us out.

Thanks!

Ruth n the BC3

Rheumatoid Arthritis is a autoimmune disease that involves severe chronic inflammation of the membranes surrounding the ends of the bones at the joints, this condition can spread throughout the body attacking the muscles, tissues, skin.

It's a form of Lupus, and it's very painful.

My 9 yr old BC was diagnose 2 yrs ago with Rhematoid Arthritis, he is taking immuno suppression drug (Imuran) daily. So far the drug is working well and he is able to live a comfortable life..

Nat