BC Boards

Scout adjusts to spring

After one week of spring weather, Scout is already acclimated to our spring routine (this is his first spring with us). He comes in through the garage, gets his paws, tail, snout rinsed with warm water, gets toweled off and then, poor baby, dries the rest of the way out in the garage (30 mins or so). He starts looking sad during the towelling off and no longer even tries to come in before he's dry. Poor baby, nobody else was ever miserable drying in the garage, but he HATES to be alone. So he gets a visitor every five minutes or so, usually with a treat. This makes it no so bad for him, hope he things spring is worth it, we do!

I had to click on this topic to see where spring was.lol We have been in the 30's for the last few days and today we have snow on the ground.

My mom is back from vacation so I'm off to get dal a BC playmate. I think my JR will thank me.

I'm glad you guys are havign a good time send spring here please.

Spring WAS here for a week, is now gone, expecting snow. We have a carpet in the garage, that he could roll on if he wanted to, but he is too busy mourning being in a separate room from us (can hear us, smell us, but can't see or touch, what's worse than that??)

Karrie, I am jealous of your tolerance. I USED to be like that, but since moving to this house, I am WAY more obsessive about dirt. Can I turn back? This house had the same owner for 40 years. When we looked at the house, on that particular day, his oil furnace in the basement was cleaner than the kitchen floor I had left!! I now live in a small town and the cleanliness of this house is LEGENDARY. I hate to ruin the poor house's reputation. It isn't its' fault our pigsty family moved in. They had 4 girls they raised, and I have 3 boys and 1 girl. They had animals, but when I mentioned our dog and cats, the guy said, "Oh.....we never had animals in the house." Lost the battle right there!!!

Even the guy who came to work on the furnace last week took a little look around, commenting on the previous owner's fastidious nature. Sadness.

Sounds like Scout already knows the drill! We got yet another major snowstorm this weekend (heavy sigh), but because it is warmer it made for slushy conditions. Allie looked pretty muddy and bedraggled when we got home from the walk/frisbee at the park yesterday.

I didn't even let her come in until we towelled off on the front porch (we live in an old house and the garages are detached, so no drying off there.) Then she promptly jumped up on my bed to finish drying off. :rolleyes:

Tolerant ..... LOL LOL Don't let my kids hear you say that! The monkeys don't wanna clean their room. I'm only demanding the floors right now cause I've had it! I can't see floor or walk up there without stepping on a toy or whatever else they have on the floor. They have plenty of containers to put the stuff and I'm not picky about which container. Spring break is next week and if they want out of this house or to even think about company they will get their rooms clean and any toys they bring into my living room will be removed. Now as for Sam's fur and the dirt from him and shoes well, that is what the vaccum cleaner was invented for. Sometime this summer hope to get all the carpets cleaned and if I can fix that side porch the way I want to dirt entering the house will be greatly decreased. All of which will leave me time for gardening, crafting and ( psst don't tell) sneaking off with Sam going for nice long walk on the trail that goes thru Clyde and all the way to Fremont. If time is short mite just sneak off to up the street at the park with the Sulfur Springs but gotta keep Sam out of the water. It stinks! That same water comes out my pump. Good for the garden but offends my nose something awful.

You mite wanna check out Flybabies.

www.flylady.com No cost but will tell ya your email will get lots of reminders like time to go to bed, where are your shoes, laundry etc. It has helped me a bunch with tips. Decluttering is my biggest evil. I've got packrat tendencies and I'm married to a man that thinks Holy socks are just fine. Pun intended. I don't think he has on his own thrown anything away. He would still have the clothes that fit him in high school if I didn't go thru the closet and donate them. Like he is gonna go back down to a size 30 anytime soon."insert rolling eyes" Once the clutter is gone I've noticed my clean up times have shortened and what I clean stays clean longer.

Oh, my house is known as the Pie House. The lady before me ran a pie buisness out of it. I got the open sign. Mite just have to use it one day for selling my crafts and garden surplus.

Found this for ya.

EXCUSE THIS HOUSE

Some houses try to hide the fact that

chidren shelter there; Ours boasts of it

quite openly, the signs are everywhere.

For smears are on the windows, little

smudges on the door; I should apologize, I

guess for the toys strewn on the floor. But

I sat down with the children and we played

and laughed and read, And if the doorbell

doesn't shine, their eyes will shine instead.

For when I have to choose between the

one job or the other, Though I need to cook

and clean, first I'll be a Mother.

I can't let my 9 yr old read that or he will attempt mutiny about his floor. I mite be tempted to cave but I know it will only take him 20 minutes at snail speed( 5 at his warp play speed).

Always important to remember, love your poem. Nothing more important than my kids and my doggie and kitties, and DH of course, but there sure is a lot of pressure, given the 44 years the house spent as pristine. I can almost hear it talking to me, sometimes it says, "How could you have let this happen to me?" and sometimes it says, "Oh thank you for making me feel useful." When we looked at the house, we weren't even sure anyone actually was living here, it was so clean.. I have to admit to actually cleaning the furnace before the guy came, unfortunately you could see the laundry room from the furnace with my 20 loads in waiting.

I haven't seen flylady for a long time, I might need to look her up again. I gave her up after child #4, I couldn't keep up with her anymore!!

My DH is my clutter hero. I was a certifiable packrat before he came into my life and convinced me there was a better way. I really appreciate not having to dust a million knick-knacks. Sometimes I am wistful for the old ways, missing some such and such, but it passes quickly.

Good luck on your trail walk, I won't tell your kids you sound so tolerant!

Straight back to winter, so no more muddy paws, just snow paws and snow snout from digging for moles!! He is such a moocher, too. The cats will get something and leave it laying around (outside, so far, thank goodness), then Scout grabs it and runs, throwing it in the air, very proud, like he did the whole thing himself!! Funny boy. But he is very good to drop it and leave it when the party is over and its time to scoop it up.

I tried Flylady again, I am already doing most of the ideas I have seen so far. She did help me remember a just-after-bedtime routine. There are always dishes left at night, as my kids eat incessantly. But she convinced me to rinse and soak after the kids go to bed so they are easy to pop in the dishwasher in the morning. Also I am shining the sink when I do my kitchen morning routine. I am prone to collapsing on the couch after the last kiddie is in, but I am making myself spend 15 mins preparing for am. Making coffee, deciding what's for dinner so I can get meat out, soak beans or whatever, dishes to soak, coffee made, trash emptied. I think her advice to do more but go to bed earlier is CRAZY. How are you supposed to do both?

Hey Karrie, is that the railroad trail from Clyde to Fremont? My dh was curious he is very familiar with that area. Are you going to join Miztiki's group? It is a nice place to discuss off topic things like my entire post!!

Yep it runs right next to the railroad tracks. I don't follow all of Flylady. I just incorporate the pieces that work for me now and add or subtract as needed.

I got the kids scraping off their plates and putting them in the dishwasher now. Couldn't get them into the sink but they willing put them in the dishwasher. I know that left me scratching my head.

I gotta get over there ~ forum.