BC Boards

Throwing up water...

codypup

Hi. I was just wondering what others thought about my pups new problem. He just turned 7 months old this week. All has been well but this week he has started throwing up after he drinks water. He has normal bowel movements so I don't think anything is blocked. Also if I give him water in very small doses that seems to work. It just if I fill his bowl and he drinks on his own he'll throw it up plus whatever is in his stomach. I think it may be time to call the vet on Monday but was wondering what you all thought about it.

Jill

If your puppy is drinking his water too fast, that may be the reason that he is throwing it up afterwards. If his bowel movements are normal and he is not throwing up any food and is acting normal.......I would guess that he is just drinking his water too fast. He just needs to learn how to pace himself.

Kathy

Hi Jill - I would check with your vet anyway - the worst you can be told is that you're a panicky mom. :rolleyes: Since Cody is 7 months old, it would be surprising if he'd suddenly changed the way he drinks water - but then with Border Collies, who knows!

Let's know what happens.