BC Boards

Some Sad News for East Coast Agility/Flyball People

Just wanted to let anyone who knows Nancy Walkins from Flyball, Agility or Obedience that she lost Riley, her 11 year old Australian Shepherd, to agressive Lymphoma a week ago; and early this morning, her fabulous 6 year old Border Collie Kit died suddenly while herding (believed to be from acute heart failure, the results aren't conclusive yet). You can imagine Nancy's devastation - please keep her in your thoughts and prayers.

We're in Virginia but Nancy has competed these dogs from NY, PA, MD, OH, MA, CT, and south to NC, SC, GA, KY. She is on the Beltway Bandits Flyball Team (Kit had his Onyx ranking), and Nancy has competed both dogs in Masters level agilty for years, more recently Rally-O and obedience. To lose both your top competition dogs (and best buddies) within a weeks' time is just unbelievable. :rolleyes:

Wow....I believe I met Nancy this past spring at a "Dog Walk", at Gilbert Run State Park, between LaPlata and Mechanicsville Md. I am pretty sure they were the flyball demo team (of course my brain dosen't function well these days, but I am pretty sure it was them).

I have also been in contact with them and have pretty much decided that is where Phoenix and I will go for training.

A very sad week for her...my heart breaks, 2 dogs in 1 week, I can't even imagine the pain. I lost a dog in January and then July same year, and felt like I had died along with them.

My heart and prayers for Nancy and family, I am sooo sorry. God Bless you and keep you in his care...