BC Boards

What to expect with teething

vanillalove

Hi all,

Indie is almost 5 months right now and is really teething. He's already lost his puppy incisors and has his adults and now we are onto canines. In the past 2 days he has lost 3 canine teeth (only one left!) and I am noticing some slight discomfort. He showed some reluctance to eat his breakfast this morning and has been more cuddly/sleepy. Is this typical/related to teething?

Let us know what you expect from this stage and what we can do to alleviate any pain he might be feeling. He seems like a big suck!

A bit of a deja vu this (a torn nail topic not so long ago); I would do nothing, it is just teething, he´ll live...

Oh I know he'll live, I'm not going to go crazy doing anything but just wanted to make sure his sleepiness/slightly off his food was related to teething and nothing to be excessively concerned about.

On the flip side, I am soaking up this cuddly puppy behaviour while we have it. He's normally raring to go at all times.

Don't be surprised if you are on the receiving end of a lot more chewing over the next month. Mine always seemed to really want to chew on me when they were working on their bicuspids. If your pup has prick ears, don't be surprised if they get a little soft and floppy either.

Don't be surprised if you are on the receiving end of a lot more chewing over the next month. Mine always seemed to really want to chew on me when they were working on their bicuspids. If your pup has prick ears, don't be surprised if they get a little soft and floppy either.

A little was an understatement for Feist, they dropped all the way back down! I think this thread jinxed us and she's entering another teething period now. :P

Thanks all!

I knew about the ears - his are doing all kinds of crazy things right now. Fun to watch. Other than the sluggishness the past few days, he seems to be well. He's trying his hardest not to chew on me or things he isn't supposed to. He redirects himself quite nicely.

I think the worst of it is over. I think losing 3 canines in 48 hours was a little painful for him, but he seems to be in better spirits!