BC Boards

What are your favorite high value treat recipes?

hkwm

Living in Japan I have a huge selection of little dried, and extremely smelly fishy bits. Tio will eat anything but he really perks up when I break out the fish treats. My favorite (buying, not eating) are the non salted bags of dried fish for making broth.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Living in Japan I have a huge selection of little dried, and extremely smelly fishy bits. Tio will eat anything but he really perks up when I break out the fish treats. My favorite (buying, not eating) are the non salted bags of dried fish for making broth.

Oh! There are many Asian markets around here. I've noticed but never paid much attention to beyond mere curiosity (I had no idea how to use them), the bags of dried fish. But I'll definitely have to look to see if any are unsalted and give them a try. Sounds like they could be a winner! (Though my dogs tend to think just about any treat is petty high value! :P )

I just tried some old Jarlsberg cheese (aromatic, nutty taste) that's been sitting it the back of my fridge, and OMG, that thing was truly like doggy crack! Almost too high value to use for training! I'll keep some in my pocket for my next walk in case I need to take her attention off of some dog she hates...