BC Boards

South Dakota Atlas Storm Tragedy

76 Bar

A recap of the devastating 10/4-7/2013 Atlas storm that primarily hit S. Dakota:

Link to one of many on going support organizations:

https://www.giveblackhills.org/index.cfmfuseaction=Organizations.Overview&Organization_ID=27677

Suffice is to say, generations of livestock producers in a decidedly livestock orientated state have been decimated beyond description. Most have suffered loses and in many cases, their entire inventory which often as not was painstakingly crafted over generations. Bottom line...most if not all S. Dakota ranchers are in dire straights and obviously bereft of their expected immediate income and are facing eminent financial devastation. Not a pretty picture now or down the road.

Thank you for your reply. If I've enlighten but you, I consider it a step in the right direction.

With a few exceptions, its pathetically obvious that the mainstream media hasn't a clue regarding those who feed this country as well as a plethora of others around the globe. That they've patently ignored this tragedy speaks volumes of our society. Nuff said.

This is heartbreaking. Thanks for posting this information and links. I made a blog entry to try and reach more folk. It's criminal the way the news is handled (in general, and in this case.) I knew nothing about it. I put up pictures and the web address for a relief organization. I wonder how the stock dogs and livestock guardian dogs fared in this storm. :(

http://pedanticmystic.blogspot.com/2013/11/the-atlas-storm.html