BC Boards

My boys at our last trial

Thought I would share a video if each of my boys at our most recent trial.

This is Renoir in jumpers, I gave a late directional cue so we had a spin out, I still have issues with switching from the older guy to Renoir sometimes.

And here's old man Boots, he's now 11.5, but still running well and loving every minute of it. This weekend he was 7 for 9 on qualifying scores. He's never been the fastest, but has always been consistent.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice job! Renoir looks great and old Boots looked like he was having fun! Will you be in Deer Park for the Fall Frolic this year?

I know what you mean about having trouble switching between dogs. In addition to Meg, I've been training two Papillons (not mine). All three are very different. Its making me a better handler but its a challenge. We have classes on Wednesday and I start with Meg who is the most advanced of the three and the most responsive to me (because she's mine and we work together a lot). However, she's inconsistent in her speed and the amount of focus she'll give me; sometimes I have to be the cheerleader, sometimes I have trouble keeping up. Its almost like running two dogs. For her, I have to make mental notes while walking the course...'This is what I'll do if she's slow today. This is what I'll do if she's fast."

Then I have Tilly, who is close to being ready to start competitions. She is fast but not as experienced. I usually have to stay closer to her. She's not as focused on me and is happy to just run her own course at times. Then there's Tana, the most novice of the three. She is the fastest, has the most drive, and is the least forgiving of my mistakes. She wants to know exactly what is expected of her and will 'tell me off' if it isn't clear enough. Handling multiple dogs helps teach you to be ready for anything.

Thanks for all the nice comments guys. Boots does LOVE the game of agility, it's funny bc at home he is more the serious dog and play police, I think agility is his time that he forgets about what everyone else is doing. I feel do fortunate that he was my first agility dog, he has taught me so much and has always been so forgiving. I know he doesn't have a ton of runs left in his future, but I sure cherish every moment with him!

Nice job! Renoir looks great and old Boots looked like he was having fun! Will you be in Deer Park for the Fall Frolic this year?

Not this year, but it sounds like fun. I'd like to make it over again next year and do one trial in your area and then head to Montana for another trial.