BC Boards

Farewell Level 1 Standard!

Tessa and I just had an awesome Agility weekend!! On Friday evening we earned our second Level 1 Wildcard Q, which finished up our Level 1 Handler Games Title. Then we played Fullhouse and got our first ever Level 2 Q.

On Saturday we jumped in to Level 2 Wildcard. She had the opportunity to work through a slight distraction at the very beginning, which was actually a really good thing because Tessa is rarely distracted and I was glad to have the opportunity to see how she would respond to one that would really pull her focus off of the game at hand. In the video you will see her looking over toward the glass. My friend, who was crating right next to us, was bringing her dog in, and Tessa was very interested in the action. For a first distraction like that, she did well with it, snapping right back after a minor blip of running around the first jump. In CPE that's just using time (as long as the dog doesn't back jump, which would be an off course).

I made one slight handling error - should have blind crossed that last tunnel. I had plenty of time, and I would have set a much better line to those last two jumps and I wouldn't have ended up right smack in her path.

On to Standard in the other room, where we finished up our Level 1 Standard title, and then did another Level 1 run, which was effectively a fun run. We couldn't move up because they did Standard in rounds, and Level 1 was last. I didn't mind, though. I'd like to see just a smidge more confidence on the teeter before we start doing that in trial.

This was the best of our two runs, and our fond farewell to Level 1 Standard. We have had a blast in Level 1, and we only need one more Q - Jumpers, which we have not yet had a chance to try - to finish the level.

Tessa really has made starting over very fun. I've had my emotional moments, but I cannot be anything but delighted with this girl. We are really starting to come together as a team, and we are both enjoying the heck out of the ride.

Tessa's traditional ribbon photo, with her Handler Games title ribbon. Yes, I know I need to retake it because a little of her head is lost against the black!! This was after we got home on Friday.

TessaCPERibbon.jpg