BC Boards

Registration Question

One of our volunteers pulled a dog from a shelter today. We were told she had "papers". Because the first excuse we heard of turning her in was because she had too much herding instinct I was curious about her breeding. The volunteer emailed me her registration this evening. It seems she came from ABCA lines but for some reason the owner registered her with the AKC at the age of 3 yrs old. Is it possible to get her de-registered (?) with the AKC?

Yeah, really, why does it matter at this point? I know you mean well, Brenda, I'm just curious.

Self satisfaction. I know it won't make any difference but if I could get one dog off their books it would make me feel better.

Yes, Julie, she'll be altered. It's looking like her previous owner is a papillon breeder so I'm waiting to hear back from the volunteer who has her now to see if she's had puppies before.

Yeah, really, why does it matter at this point? I know you mean well, Brenda, I'm just curious.

A newbie question but if the dog has strong herding instincts and someone wants to do something with her...how exclusive is the working registry? I know dogs can be registered on merit, but strictly out of curiosity because of this dog's situation, can an AKC registered dog participate in ABCA herding trials and earn novice/pro titles?

Thanks,

Liz

Any dog can participate in USBCHA sanctioned trials so long as the dog is capable of the task. USBCHA only sanctions Open and Nursery classes, all other classes (Novice/Novice, ProNovice, Open Ranch, etc) are training classes and the rules of such are determined by the host and/or regional club that may or may not sanction the training classes for YE points or awards (or not at all). The are only two titles in USBCHA trials "National Champion" and "National Nursery Champion".

Again, any dog may run in USBCHA trials regardless of breed or registry (or not registered at all). Any class that is not Open or Nursery can be subject to other rules (ie rules determined by the host or regional sanctioning club).

Archived