BC Boards

hair on the floor

Whatever you do, don't look under the bed....You'll find a hairy monster under there!

Under the bed is 'mission impossible' for the upright vac. and the cylinder vac just doesn't manage either. Enter Roomba stage right. It bumbles around and gets under the bed and other furniture easily -- no more hairy monsters. I have the 550 "Pet Series" and it isn't perfect, by any means. Biggest complaint is that hair gets into the brush ends and causes the beast to stop and bleat "error #2", Still, it is the only way to keep the bedroom carpet in a decent state without moving all the furniture.

I love my Roomba as well. It does a great job on hardwoods or tile and it will drive up under the furniture and clean. If I can't babysit it, I confine it to my kitchen and let it work. If I am around and can monitor it, I let it do the carpets and up under the furniture--sometimes it will get stuck and need to be rescued.

I got mine at Sam's a year ago and it was a great deal. It came with replacement brushes and other parts. I clean it everytime I use it because the dog/cat hair wraps around the wheels and stops it like JohnLloydJones mentioned. However, it is very easy to remove the various parts in order to clean it out. It has two dust bins and picks up an amazing amount of "stuff".

Archived