BC Boards

Pure male, N AL, available

Jake is a adult boarder collie who needs help getting adopted. He is utd shots,health cert etc The rescue is looking for a foster family or adopter. contact Kathy Pawsandclaws4b@yahoo.com

I trying to network this guy, he came to PawsandClaws4B rescue, in N Alabama, from the tornadoes in Tuscaloose, Alabama and needs help getting adopted. There isn't much traffic for BCs where he's at. Again you can email me bethannziebarth@yahoo.com or Pawsandclaws4b@yahoo.com

Thanks,

Beth Ann

post-11042-061968200 1322766635_thumb.jpg

Jake is a adult boarder collie who needs help getting adopted. He is utd shots,health cert etc The rescue is looking for a foster family or adopter. contact Kathy Pawsandclaws4b@yahoo.com

I trying to network this guy, he came to PawsandClaws4B rescue, in N Alabama, from the tornadoes in Tuscaloose, Alabama and needs help getting adopted. There isn't much traffic for BCs where he's at. Again you can email me bethannziebarth@yahoo.com or Pawsandclaws4b@yahoo.com

Thanks,

Beth Ann

You have mail

This dog has an adoption pending.

Thanks,

Beth Ann

Thanks,

Beth Ann

OMG! My heart! He looks just like my Scooter. He would have been seven years old tomorrow. I was about to see if we could get him, but I see he has an adoption pending. What a beauty! Hope he finds a good home. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Jake is still available for adoption, here is his webpage: http://www.bethann.us/jake.alabama. The family wanting him had small children so the rescue did not adopt him out.

I visited Jake yesterday at the rescue. During the daytime Jake has free run of the facility with several other male dogs. Upon my arrival he came up to me, cautiously, for pets and belly rubs. After a few minutes he followed me everywhere.

Jake was apparently lost when the tornadoes hit N AL in the spring. He was found by a woman who gave him to a man. The man brought him to the rescue because Jake was scared and would run off.

Jake let me examine his teeth, ears and belly. Jake is friendly, but afraid of loud noises and will retreat. Right now he seems to be confused and frightened. There have been three occasions where Jake has shown aggression to female dogs. I brought out my dominate female and he did fine with her.

Jake needs to find a rescue as soon as possible. Right now he is very frightened and if there is another aggression issue the rescue will put him down. Please can anyone help Jake.

To my knowledge there is no Border Collie rescue in Alabama so I'm reaching out for ideas.

-Beth Ann

Archived