BC Boards

My Border Collie Pup

Hey.

I am blogging about raising my Border Collie Pup. This will be a journal documenting my trials and tribulations of raising this dog. There will be lots of photos and yes I will share the disasters along with the accomplishments. Please check in once and awhile and see how things are going.

Thanks

http://dexterthekillerdog.tumblr.com/

I will try to up dated daily until I get caught up. I am on the 15th right now. After that I will up dated when it seems to make sense.

Thank you for reading the Blog. It's cool to know people are actually reading it. I had a friend mentioned something about the agility class we observed. I was wondering how he new and then I realized he had read it on the blog…..sweet.

Eep! I love reading about this, it is sort of comforting to see the details of puppy raising, the good and bad. Potty training is sort of a stressful thing for me, because my family isn't keen on dogs being inside the house as it is, and I have to push for it, so when I do get a pup I'll be a nervous wreck like when I was baby sitting.

Eep! I love reading about this, it is sort of comforting to see the details of puppy raising, the good and bad. Potty training is sort of a stressful thing for me, because my family isn't keen on dogs being inside the house as it is, and I have to push for it, so when I do get a pup I'll be a nervous wreck like when I was baby sitting.

My house training technique is simple, but you have to be consistent and all ways follow the rules. This worked great with my GSD. I think I had one accident in the house, and it was my fault. It's been a little slower with this dog, I am not sure why.

Always take him out immediately after dinner, chewing on a bone, or sleeping. If he does not go put him in the crate for 1/2 hour, and then take him out again. If he still does not go put him back in the crate. Keep doing this until he goes. Once he has relieved himself he gets to stay out of the crate and play, but he has to be in your sight at all times. If he wonders off while sniffing the ground, take him outside, if he does not go it's back in the crate until he does. When he relieves himself outside make a big deal about it. I never scold him if he relieves himself inside, because really if he does it's my fault. I will raise my voice and say no! but that's about all.

I am sure there are a lot of ways to do this but this has worked for me. My goal is that the dog never relieves himself inside the house ever. Like I said this worked great with my GSD and so far just OK with Dexter.

Good luck and I hope this helped.

My house training technique is simple, but you have to be consistent and all ways follow the rules. This worked great with my GSD. I think I had one accident in the house, and it was my fault. It's been a little slower with this dog, I am not sure why.

Always take him out immediately after dinner, chewing on a bone, or sleeping. If he does not go put him in the crate for 1/2 hour, and then take him out again. If he still does not go put him back in the crate. Keep doing this until he goes. Once he has relieved himself he gets to stay out of the crate and play, but he has to be in your sight at all times. If he wonders off while sniffing the ground, take him outside, if he does not go it's back in the crate until he does. When he relieves himself outside make a big deal about it. I never scold him if he relieves himself inside, because really if he does it's my fault. I will raise my voice and say no! but that's about all.

I am sure there are a lot of ways to do this but this has worked for me. My goal is that the dog never relieves himself inside the house ever. Like I said this worked great with my GSD and so far just OK with Dexter.

Good luck and I hope this helped.

The photos are awesome. You could hang a bell on the door and teach him to ring it to ask to be let out. It only took a few days for the boys to catch on but I did introduce it when the boys were older and ready to learn "touch". They were all ready housebroken at that point, but it does help when I'm focused on work and forget it's time to take a break.

That is one cute puppy!

I started Secret's blog the day after I brought her home and amazingly I've actually managed to keep it up all this time! It will be two years in two weeks! It's a really neat way to look back at your time together.

This week I found out there is software that lets you turn your blog into a book! I ran with the idea -- My first year ended up being 152 pages. I'll do year two after this year is finished and I imagine it will be crazy long. Something for you to keep in mind once you get going a bit longer. :)

I don't understand Tumblr. Can a person follow/comment on posts?

Archived