BC Boards

Sometimes you have to laugh...

I have two rectangular dog yards with a gate between them on the narrow side. Recently, I have been using these to improve Bluey's driving, by getting him to push the goats from one yard to the other, with back-up from me when the goats become "stroppy". Yesterday, we had pushed the two wether goats from the western yard to the eastern one, paused for a few minutes, then changed direction. One of the goats jumped on a dog kennel. Bluey rolled an appealing eye at me - don't border collies have the most expressive eyes! The second wether looked at the first one, looked at Bluey, and promptly jumped on the second dog kennel.

Bluey's expression was priceless!

Kerry

Thats funny! Did you get a photo? I never have a camera when I should!

Dang goats here get on the big log piles.

Took the young dogs a while to figure out how to get them off.

They learned by watching Gunny

No camera. Actually, last weekend I really wished I had a camera with me. As I put the goats back in their paddock, I discovered that the cows had spotted the open gate and... the grass is always greener, etc... So, Ms Boss-Goat marched in the gate and literally locked horns with a cow that was blocking her way - cow and goat forehead to forehead, glaring at each other. It was the cow that backed off! (Although I must admit that Ms Goat did look anxious for a moment.)

Archived