BC Boards

k9 Super Fuel

Still looking for the best supplement for my poor condition foster dog. someone suggested K9 SuperFuel. It's expensive, so I don't want to buy it unless it really delivers what the website says it does. But if it will help Kelso I will spring for it. Does anyone have experience with it?

Thanks

I like Animal Naturals products - I've used their joint strong with Missy and it worked well. But I didn't really notice that much of a difference when I tried using superfuel (trying to get some bulk on Kenzi). Maybe I didn't use it long enough, but it was expensive so I tried the next step up in kibble instead - which did help! I switched her from Diamond Naturals (which Kipp does really great on) to Canidae and she finally get to a healthy weight and her coat is incredible.

I noticed the same sort of change when I got Kipp I switched him from one of the basic Diamond foods to one of the Diamond Naturals foods. In about 3 weeks his coat had gone from dull to shiny and soft.

So my vote would still be to just get him on a good food and give it a few weeks. It can really make a huge difference. Not sure what you feed normally, but I'm guessing it's probably way better than what he was getting. I'd also venture to guess that within 3 or 4 weeks you'll notice a good change difference in his condition!!

Just feed him a good quality food. It will take weeks to months to notice a difference no matter what you do. Also, feeding a high powered supplement to a dog that has been nutritionally challenged can actually make them sick.

Just feed him a good quality food. It will take weeks to months to notice a difference no matter what you do. Also, feeding a high powered supplement to a dog that has been nutritionally challenged can actually make them sick.

Wow, thanks for mentioning this, Liz. It makes sense, but I had not thought of it.

I think I will just wait a bit and see how it goes.

thanks.

D'Elle

Archived