BC Boards

2011 National Sheepdog Finals Blog

Laurae

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not to mention a REALLY patient, talented instructor!

Laura, thanks *so* much for this series - I keep thinking I can't possibly enjoy the next one as much as I enjoyed the last one, but then the next one comes along! This was a brilliant idea, and you've done a wonderful job in executing it! (Those of you on the west coast - Laura's setting a high bar for 2012...).

Laura, thanks *so* much for this series - I keep thinking I can't possibly enjoy the next one as much as I enjoyed the last one, but then the next one comes along! This was a brilliant idea, and you've done a wonderful job in executing it! (Those of you on the west coast - Laura's setting a high bar for 2012...).

Absolutely!

Every one of Laura's interviews has been wonderful reading and educational.

Keep up the good work!

PS - How about interviewing Robin or Bob? They both have sponsors here.

Hi everyone,

Herbert and Alison Holmes share their thoughts on preparations for the Finals this week at http://www.sheepdogfinalsblog.com. Enjoy!

Really enjoyable! The President and his Commander-in-Chief!

Every time I think your interviews, write-ups, and photos can't get any better, you prove me wrong - you are doing a wonderful job!

Kudos to Laura for yet another great chapter!

Every time I start to think nah, I can't possibly swing it to go to Colorado for the Finals (and to see my parents!), I read one of these. And then I start to think, how can I NOT go?!?!

The Finals has A LOT more dog sponsors to sell....if you are enjoying these blog bios get on the Finals website or email Ellen and buy your favorite dog/handler team. The Finals needs your help to make it a success. Please spread the word. Also, those of you going to spectate, the sponsorship gives you a valuable basket of goodies including tickets and invite to VIP reception. Please sponsor and help this event out.

Thanks, Laura - it is quite interesting to hear about the challenges of training and building stamina in the heat of summer and with the foxtails in her area. I never realized how hard it is to work around Mother Nature in some parts of the country.

Again, thank you so much for this absolutely wonderful series!

The final installment of the 2011 National Sheepdog Finals blog is now up. It seems only fitting to round out the series with last year's winner, so this week the 2010 USBCHA National Champion Patrick Shannahan discusses how he is preparing to "defend his title," so to speak. He talks about his strategy for getting his dogs ready for the Finals—his trialing plans in the run-up to September, his conditioning program for them (and himself!), and his different approaches to working with young dogs and the veterans. See the post at http://www.sheepdogfinalsblog.com. Enjoy!

And good luck to all the competitors coming from all around the US and Canada next week! We'll see you in Carbondale!

Archived