BC Boards

Surgery and apatite return

Lewis Moon

Call the vet, especially if she hasn't started at least taking some liquids by today. Samantha's spay was hard on her, too. She wouldn't take anything, until I mixed some chicken broth with water - she thought chicken flavored water was pretty tasty. I gave her a couple tbs every hour the first day after her spay. Even with that, it took her a few days to want any food.

Ruth

If she's a picky eater, it may be a day or two before she feels like eating. As long as she's drinking thats the important part. My dog was the opposite. Would eat fine, but would not touch water for 3 days so I had to soak her kibble in water to get liquids into her. She also would not move for 3 days because the stitches must have pulled funny when she stood up.

Well, as if a light switch were thrown, Rosie started eating last night and acted as if she were suddenly very hungry. She's also acting like her old self again. I'm pleased...especially since several potential adopters are inquiring about her.

Well, as if a light switch were thrown, Rosie started eating last night and acted as if she were suddenly very hungry. She's also acting like her old self again. I'm pleased...especially since several potential adopters are inquiring about her.

Glad to hear that she's returning to her old self, and that some potential adopters are looking at her.

However, continue to keep her activities to a minimum for the recommended 2 weeks. Her body isn't ready for full tilt running around yet.

Thanks for the great news, Lewis.

Ruth

Glad to hear that she's returning to her old self, and that some potential adopters are looking at her.

However, continue to keep her activities to a minimum for the recommended 2 weeks. Her body isn't ready for full tilt running around yet.

Thanks for the great news, Lewis.

Ruth

She'll be restricted to leashed walks for a while, especially since Cerb's carpus is still on the mend. Cerb goes from zero to warp zillion in 2.3 seconds, so we're sitting on him. Lots of kongs, obediance training, etc....

Archived