BC Boards

They're Alive!!!

Debbie Meier

Thanks Laura, we are really happy with them. They look nice and quiet, but if the dog does not work to keep them together they take off in 7 different directions with their tails up over their backs. Never thought about cattle being "light".

We are planning on getting a new set in a month or so to bring along for future replacements. Wrote down everything we did so that we can treat the new ones with the same protocal.

OMG, I'm going to have to be way more specific.

I've always said the I want to come back as a Jersey cow. I do mean a female. I know that they give the best, richest milk. i grew up on Sibley's milk, from Leicester Massachusetts, until Hood's bought them out. OK, Truman and Ike were presidents.

But I never knew that folks would want to eat their meat! I now have to stress COW - not bull, steer, bullock, stock....

But I never knew that folks would want to eat their meat! I now have to stress COW - not bull, steer, bullock, stock....

Well, if you were to come back as a cow you would still end up in the same place, just a little later. Many a "retired" dairy cow has ended up as hamburger. :rolleyes:

Congrats on figuring out the right approach to keeping them alive, you should share they info, if its something we havent tried on the farm we will! Been a rough spring on the Holstein calfs here, had more then usual born died. Doing okay once they get to the calf barn.

Jersey beef is good - we raised a couple of bob calves a few years back and they were very tasty. Just not terribly meaty carcass-wise. I think Jersey/Angus would make some awfully good eating...

Congrats on figuring out the right approach to keeping them alive, you should share they info, if its something we havent tried on the farm we will! Been a rough spring on the Holstein calfs here, had more then usual born died. Doing okay once they get to the calf barn.

I will drop you an e-mail

Archived