BC Boards

Cyst Question

Brad

My 6 month old puppy has developed a large (golf ball size or larger) fluid filled sac hanging on the rear of her elbow. I aspirated the lump and removed most of the fluid which was clear and odorless. I'm sure it will fill again and require a trip to the vet, but I always like to have some idea of what I'm dealing with before seeing the Doc. Anybody ever deal with something like this?

Thanks

Sounds like a hygroma...

My 6 month old puppy has developed a large (golf ball size or larger) fluid filled sac hanging on the rear of her elbow. I aspirated the lump and removed most of the fluid which was clear and odorless. I'm sure it will fill again and require a trip to the vet, but I always like to have some idea of what I'm dealing with before seeing the Doc. Anybody ever deal with something like this?

Thanks

It does sound like a hygroma. I had a dog who had one at about that age, maybe a little older, and it went away after a couple of months. I made sure that he had some good padding in his crate and didn't let him lie on hard surfaces on his elbows.

Thanks, it does sound like that. She has eaten her bedding at every chance, but she's a bit older now, I"ll get her a pad for her crate and this is a good excuse to let her on the bed :rolleyes:

It sounds like treatment is best done by avoiding lying on hard surfaces...?

Archived