BC Boards

EPA Set To Issue Warning For Flea And Tick Medications

daisyandme

This was on my local news station last night and I just wanted to pass it along to everyone.

Here is the first paragraph of the article...According to their website, This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed so I am not sure about copying and pasting the whole thing so I included the link to the website that also has the broadcast video. The video says they have a list of products on their website that have caused problems, but I have not been able to find it yet. Link to Article

EPA Set To Issue Warning For Flea And Tick Medications

Posted: 7:39 pm PDT March 16,2010Updated: 8:40 pm PDT March 16,2010

APTOS, Calif. -- KTVU Wednesday night confirmed the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency is preparing to take action on over-the-counter flea and tick products that pet owners say have sickened or killed thousands of dogs and cats.

I noticed in the video, the representative of one of the products suggested it was the owner's fault for misusing it. Yeah. It's always our fault. :rolleyes:

Here's the EPA site:

http://www.epa.gov/pesticides/health/flea-tick-control.html

It has a list of all products being investigated - though they are not listed as products which have had reported problems.

Here's another site which mentions a couple of products as having caused adverse reactions:

http://www.mnn.com/lifestyle/pets-animals/...ea-tick-powders