BC Boards

Brodie the champ!

ejano

Brodie. passed his CGC today!

What with everything else going on, we've also been working with Brodie this week and he really stepped up to the plate today. He worked with a great German Shepherd dog on Friday -- after his experience with the Aussie on THursday, I was in a bit of a panic but the German Shepherd was so steady and the important lesson we learned is that Brodie didn't give a hang if I wasn't at the other end of the leash...he was just fine with the handler, never said a word to the other dog! Then, I took him and the posturing began...so we worked a bit on me convincing him that I would take care of any "bears" that happened along and taught him that if he looked at me he gets a nice soft rub under his chin....he loves that.... and by golly it worked!

There were eight other dogs there....and the class tested as a group, not individually like we did with Robin the other night...he was by himself and they brought in a dog for the meet and greet and had just people, not people and dogs for the crowd test so Brodie really had the more difficult test. There three BCs (two of them his cousins), a golden retriever, two labs, a Great Dane, of all things!, and a Boxer....naturally we were put next to the boxer and naturally she stared, but she was a sweetheart (missing a foot, an accident at birth) and I think Brodie felt sorry for her because he didn't react. He postured a bit at first as the first few dogs entered but I kept working with him and by the time the test started, he was ready to focus on his tasks, of which I must say, he was pretty close to the top of his class :rolleyes:. Silver medal at least. :D

Of course, the problem is still there and he'll need quite a bit of reinforcing to continue to be relaxed around other dogs and DH has to get on in the act as well (Just as soon as he recovers from pneumonia!) but I'm very encouraged.

Off to feed my patients, both canine and human (They're on about the same diet!) and give our little champ a great big bone!

Liz

Congrats!

When you have two dogs in the same pack that both pass their CGCs in the same week, you know who's working hardest.

Take a bow, Liz. You've earned it!

What Patty said!!!

Here's to a swift recovery for Ken! Hope you all had a quiet day to relax and recover from all the recent exploits!

What Patty said!!!

Here's to a swift recovery for Ken! Hope you all had a quiet day to relax and recover from all the recent exploits!

Never thought I"d say it, but thank God for Monday! Back to normal around here, hopefully.

Thank you everyone for your good wishes. Brodie has developed quite a swagger. I think he knows he did a "good thing."

Liz

Archived