BC Boards

Sam is throwing up

urge to herd

And only right after having a frozen kong. Hmm, wonder if it's the cold mush hitting her tummy?

Like I said, no other symptoms. Pooping and peeing just fine, she seems a little more sleepy than usual, but that could just be her being old and it being dark and cold right now.

She gets breakfast, about a half cup of kibble w/ some warm water, then her kong to work on. She's thrown up every time I've given her the kong. She eats it, (I can't watch) but that's normal, and once it goes down the second time, it's fine.

Thoughts?

Ruth

See, that's the thing. The kong filling is soaked kibble, a little mushy, a little crunchy. It's the same thing she gets in her dish. The more I think about it, the more I'm leaning towards it's just too cold for her tummy. Or, she's somehow gulping air when she's digging the stuff out and eating it.

I'll give her a little bit of filling in the kong, sort of room temp tomorrow, and see what happens.

Ruth

Went through something similar the other day. Alex threw her whole dinner up. No other problems. The only different thing was the green beans had been in the back room which is not heated and were quite cold. Made a spot in the cupboard inside for doggie green beans and all has been well.

Esox & Alex