BC Boards

Gent's story

I'm grateful to hear he has had the care he needed and that he now has a new, loving home!

Very best wishes to Gent, his new family, and all those who made it possible!

It's good to hear that Gent's life will now be comfortable and happy, thanks to your good care and work to find him a suitable home. He is so grateful to receive the gift of a caring family and they are so delighted to have him. There is something so special about dogs that have been rescued from bad situations. Ladybug is curled up at my feet right now (only because DH has left for work.) She never leaves either one of us alone.

(I was trying to explain the origins of our three furry critters to a non-doggy person last week -- he fairly easily grasped the fact that Robin and Brodie came from a breeder but when I said that Ladybug was a rescue he kept frowning at her and said, "What does she rescue?" It was like an Abbott and Costello, "Who's on First" routine....he finally understood that she came from that big white building on the edge of our town with the a sign that says SPCA on it.)

Liz

Most of you know that I love a Blind dog and a double merle Deaf dog. It's great to see Gents story being told.

Both of my boys spent much of their early life in cages. They have blossomed in a caring environment and I love them dearly. Dogs with an 'issue' are viewed as unadoptable more easily and its true that they require an owner who is a little less casual about dogs than most people.

I am currently looking at a local rescue who was a mill mom. She went blind from diabetes and was abandoned. She is currently in rescue and recovering - lovely little thing.

If I wasnt in the midst of life upheavel and a big move, I'd seriously consider taking her and adding her to my pack of 'specials'.

My dogs give back so much. The power of a kind word and a soft touch overcomes any of the barriers of a special needs dog.