BC Boards

Raw

OK so I wasn't that thrilled with elk steak but this morning the hunters dropped off the elk scrape. If I was in need of feeding my family this wouldn't be elk scrape. It't about 50#'s of meat. Yes there's some fatty peices but since it's a lean meat not much. I don't know what these guys consider edible but this looks beautiful. THe dogs knew right away it was for them. They are hanging at the fridge waiting for dinner with drool dripping.

I'd say I got at least a months supply just waiting for them.

Now I'm encouraged and am going to go to the local hunters processing place and ask them about scrape.

It's so good to think about going back to raw. it's the only thing I could really see improvement with compared to dog food. I've fed high quality dog food and cheap. Yes I see a tiny difference but with raw, it's a whole new ballgame! It almost filled my small freezer. But I have another one ready!

YIPEE for elk scrape!

Just what is scrape? I have several places around me that process vension, an my brother in law usually gets a deer for us along with rib cage, pelvis and some organ meat but always looking for something new and inexpensive

I just don't know Pat. This meat has no bone, hardly any fat and I kept thinking as I was breaking it down in managable sizes for the dogs, that if I had a hungry family to feed, why wouldn't I be feeding this. It had a bit of blood on it in some places that didn't look good but some were huge chunks of muscle meat wth no detectable defects.

I'm going to go to the processor that is close by and talk to them.

I'll let you know what I find out.

I just don't know Pat. This meat has no bone, hardly any fat and I kept thinking as I was breaking it down in managable sizes for the dogs, that if I had a hungry family to feed, why wouldn't I be feeding this. It had a bit of blood on it in some places that didn't look good but some were huge chunks of muscle meat wth no detectable defects.

I'm going to go to the processor that is close by and talk to them.

I'll let you know what I find out.

Most likely they only wanted the best cuts. I know alot of food banks in the west will take whatever you dont want to make stew.