BC Boards

what a day

Earlier today I got a phone call from a neighbour that he was missing his aussie. He is deaf and partially blind. He let him out at 6 am to go to the bathroom like he always does. But today he didn't stay in the yard. I have been home all day from work because I was sick so I went out to look for him too, with no luck. So tonight around 7pm me and black jack were watching TV when we heard a different sounding bark. Black jack jumped up and ran over to me and put his paw on my leg as to say. When I muted TV I heard it again and the first thing I thought was its him! I put my pants on and ran outside. I heard it again around by the back yard so I went back there to check and sure enough I found him, but not where you'd think. I found him in our window well! I guess he fell in there sometime after chores at 5. I called him to tell him I found his dog and he couldn't believe it. I sat with the dog until he got here to pick him up. They were both so happy it was hard not to burst out smyling and laughing about it. After we got back in I looked at black jack and told him we saved that aussie. He replied with a very happy woowoowoo. So everyone is safe and warm tonight thanks to our window wells and black jack :rolleyes:

Earlier today I got a phone call from a neighbour that he was missing his aussie. He is deaf and partially blind. He let him out at 6 am to go to the bathroom like he always does. But today he didn't stay in the yard. I have been home all day from work because I was sick so I went out to look for him too, with no luck. So tonight around 7pm me and black jack were watching TV when we heard a different sounding bark. Black jack jumped up and ran over to me and put his paw on my leg as to say. When I muted TV I heard it again and the first thing I thought was its him! I put my pants on and ran outside. I heard it again around by the back yard so I went back there to check and sure enough I found him, but not where you'd think. I found him in our window well! I guess he fell in there sometime after chores at 5. I called him to tell him I found his dog and he couldn't believe it. I sat with the dog until he got here to pick him up. They were both so happy it was hard not to burst out smyling and laughing about it. After we got back in I looked at black jack and told him we saved that aussie. He replied with a very happy woowoowoo. So everyone is safe and warm tonight thanks to our window wells and black jack :rolleyes:

Good work to you and Blackjack. Hope the elderly Aussie gentleman is no worse for the wear!

Great find! Blackjack sure did save that poor old dog!

Years ago, my old terrier mix, Willie was blind and deaf. He'd also lost his bark. After Lucky girl died, he only was allowed out with us but one day he wandered out when Ken was carrying in groceries and completely disappeared in a manner of minutes. Ken was frantic when I came home about an hour later from work. I'd happened to stop to pick up a pizza - I hadn't had any lunch that day and so opened the back of the explorer to get a piece of the pizza while I began my search for Willie. When I opened the box the smell of pizza wafted out and all of a sudden we heard this great rustling in the diversion ditch about 100 feet away -- it runs along side our property on the driveway side and the edges are lined with bushes and there's grass in the ditch itself, which is about three feet deep. Needless to say, there was poor sweet Willie, who had fallen into the ditch. The only sense he had left was sense of smell and when he smelled that pizza it excited him to the point where he made enough noise by walking back and forth in the grasses that we found him right away. He and Lucky girl always did love pizza and when we'd ask each other, Do you want to order Pizza? they'd always bark. So he got a big piece of pizza all to himself! It's as tough on older dogs when they lose their "mates" as it is on people.

Liz

Nice work everybody. I'm sure the owner is thrilled to have their Aussie back... I can't imagine what they were going through...