BC Boards

American Sheepdog.com

It's about gun ownership. Looks to be super rightwing. All done up in red, white and blue.

The Townhall for armed Americans. (Well, that has kind of a nice ring to it).

Here I thought it was about sheepdogs and stuff. But I guess the sheep are the American people.

There is some really, really awful poetry out there.

There are some really weird people living among us. (If you are an American sheepdog then I'm sorry - I'm sure you are a really nice person).

In our part of the country they seem to be getting a little crazy.

It does kind of irritate me that these people are comparing themselves to my sheepdogs. I think maybe they see themselves as the guardians of the sheep.

Really, that is so insulting to me and my dogs.

Maybe you should write them a nice email explaing that what they probably mean is guardian dog, not sheepdog :rolleyes:

Anyway I think where it comes from is an essay a professor wrote on the difference between wolves, sheep and sheepdogs. While he doesn't quite understand the nuanses of sheepdogs, I think the point he was trying to make was that there are preditors all over IRL and you can choose to be prepared and proactive against them or you can just wait and hope nothing happens. While this can be taken to extremes of course, I think the just of his point is very valid. It is good to be prepared and proactive in protecting yourself. I have many very sensible rational friends with CC permits - it's just one more step that they have taken to be proactive in protecting themself/their family.

Maybe you should write them a nice email explaing that what they probably mean is guardian dog, not sheepdog :rolleyes:

Anyway I think where it comes from is an essay a professor wrote on the difference between wolves, sheep and sheepdogs. While he doesn't quite understand the nuanses of sheepdogs, I think the point he was trying to make was that there are preditors all over IRL and you can choose to be prepared and proactive against them or you can just wait and hope nothing happens. While this can be taken to extremes of course, I think the just of his point is very valid. It is good to be prepared and proactive in protecting yourself. I have many very sensible rational friends with CC permits - it's just one more step that they have taken to be proactive in protecting themself/their family.

Oh, I don't care if people own guns - that's their business. But I do find it insulting to be considered a sheep and I really don't need those guys to protect me.

After all, I have real sheepdogs. They may not attack but by God there isn't anyone they can't manage to trip.

Oh, I don't care if people own guns - that's their business. But I do find it insulting to be considered a sheep and I really don't need those guys to protect me.

Maybe you misunderstand the site. It's not about you being a sheep or these people protecting you- it's about having the right to protect yourself and defend your freedom. It's a message about learning to defend yourself and being prepared rather than being a "sheep" and assuming nothing bad is ever going to happen to you. I ran across that website the other day and I think it's great.